Design Assembly business workshop
20 February 2019 - Classics
Design Assembly is delighted to present design and advertising account management expert Sarah Ritchie for this half-day business workshop.
How to run a profitable, successful design business
Are you a self-employed designer? A design agency account manager? Or do you run a small design agency? You’ll know that maintaining great client relationships is just as important as producing great design work to guarantee financial success—but working with clients and ensuring your work remains profitable can be two of the biggest challenges you’ll face.
In this fully-interactive workshop, we’ll hit the issues head-on and tackle the tough questions that you want to ask. The power is in your hands!
You may like to know:
- How to quote a project accurately
- How to charge by ‘value’ rather than by ‘hours’ to maximise profitability
- How to avoid time blowouts on projects
- How to tell if ‘urgent’ really is ‘urgent’
- How to work with contractors and still make a profit
- How to balance design aesthetics with client demands
- How to deal with difficult clients
- How to make sure you get paid
- How to manage long-term projects
- How to handle a reactive and unpredictable work environment.
It’s up to you! Send in your burning questions with your registration and we will answer as many as possible during the workshop.
About the facilitator: Sarah has walked in your shoes! She has spent 25 years in design and advertising account management, which included 10 years running her own, successful graphic design business.
These days Sarah works for 3rdeye Consulting and specialises in supporting account managers and strengthening agencies. She is also the author of the soon-to-be-published book How to Wrestle an Octopus: An agency account manager’s guide to pretty much everything.
Date: Wednesday 20 February 2019
Time: 10.00am to 3.00pm
Venue: Classics Boardroom, level one, West Lecture building, the Arts Centre te Matatiki Toi Ora.