Heritage Week 2017
Sunday 15 October, 10am–4pm - Whole site
We’re teaming up with Christchurch City Council to celebrate 200 years since the invention of the bicycle as part of Beca Heritage Week 2017.
Worcester Boulevard beside the Arts Centre will be closed to vehicles all day on Sunday 15 October, so why not jump on your bike and come along?
Before setting out, dress up your bike and you could win a great prize. On arrival, be pampered with valet cycle parking at Market Square.
Come down and enjoy this family fun-filled day across the site, including:
- live music in the North Quad and Great Hall
- a stunning Ride On exhibition in Pūmanawa
- historic movies in Rutherford’s Den – limited seats, arrive early
- post-quake heritage cycle tours departing from Market Square – bookings required
- Storytime sessions with Christchurch City Libraries, every half hour until 3pm, in Classics
- food vendors along Worcester Boulevard
- vintage markets in the North Quad
- dark star tunnel for children to travel through, in Classics