Common Room (1916)
The two-storey Common Room has been restored to its original open plan design and is being used for arts and education.
From 1929, when the Student Union building was opened, the common room was put to a variety of uses, including as the offices of student magazine Canta in the 1930s.
- Original timber ceiling.
- Heritage features blended with modern infrastructure including Wi-Fi, new kitchen and toilet facilities, and central heating.
- Earthquake-strengthening hidden beneath the heritage features.