Registry has been restored and almost completely leased. It houses arts organisations and commercial tenants, plus spaces facing onto Market Square are dedicated to artisan food providers Curator’s Deli and Zen Sushi & Dumplings.
History & Heritage
Canterbury College’s Registry building was built in 1916 to accommodate the College’s administration staff. A small extension to the west was added in 1926. The building has been extensively restored and was the first on the site to reopen.
The Registry Building was constructed using the same basalt and limestone common throughout the Arts Centre’s other buildings. The building is in keeping with the campus’ Gothic Revival style, although with fewer decorative features.
It underwent strengthening and a major refurbishment in 2004 and again in 2012 following the earthquakes.