Are you a Canterbury-based visual artist who would like to show your work in an exhibition at The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora?
The Arts Centre is seeking expressions of interest from artists across a range of media for Mata Hou | New Beginnings, a Matariki exhibition in Pūmanawa, its community exhibition space, from 26 June to 3 July 2019.
Each artist may submit a maximum of three works or a single series for consideration. Works will be for sale to the public with a 25 per cent commission taken by The Arts Centre to support its creative public programmes.
Artists must live in the Canterbury area and be available to assist with the installation (23 to 25 June) and de-installation (4 to 6 July) of their artworks or provide packaging and simple installation and deinstallation instructions. If required, artists are responsible for the costs of freight of artworks to and from the gallery.
This information is available as a PDF. Click here to download it.
* Expressions of interest close: Monday 3 June
* Artists notified of outcome: Friday 7 June
* Installation of artworks: Sunday 23 to Tuesday 25 June
* Exhibition opening event: Tuesday 25 June, 5.30pm
* Exhibition dates: Wednesday 26 June to Wednesday 3 July
* Artist talks (optional): Wednesday 26 June, 11.00am
* De-installation of artworks: Thursday 4 to Saturday 6 July
To express your interest, please email Hannah Wilson on firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 June and include the following:
- A .JPG or .JPEG image of each of your works (maximum three works or a single series);
- Titles, media and approximate dimensions of the artworks;
- Artworks’ sale prices;
- A paragraph about yourself as an artist (an artist statement); and
- A paragraph on how your work might relate to the Matariki and/or mata hou/new beginnings theme.
For further information about Matariki and how your artworks could connect with the theme, please contact email@example.com.