The Arts Centre te Matatiki Toi Ora has been gradually re-opening following major earthquake restoration work and has the following position available.
Event set-up team member (fixed-term)
We require a fit and strong person to help assist setting up and packing down stalls for our weekly market.
You would be required each Sunday for approximately four hours to set up and then pack down our market stalls. There will be heavy lifting so please only apply if you are physically up to the task.
The main tasks and duties will include:
- Set up and pack down of the mākete canopies (working with in a team of three or four) as per supplied set out plans.
- Set up of safety and power to food trucks and stalls.
- Moving/relocating of fences.
- Laying out other mākete equipment as required or instructed, for example tables, chairs, toys etc.
- Managing the safe flow of stallholders during pack-in and pack-out.
- Operating random checks of electrical tagging, ie. checking stallholders’ equipment has the appropriate and correct safety tags.
- Distributing health and safety sheets.
- Collecting unpaid stall fees.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.