Television, radio, sonar and telephones – just some of the great inventions we enjoy today thanks to the scientific discoveries made by Ernest, Lord Rutherford and his peers.
School holiday deal from 16 Dec 2017 to 28 Jan 2018
Buy 1 adult’s ticket, get 1 child’s ticket free
Step inside Rutherford’s Den and enjoy fun, hands-on activities as you learn about science in the actual rooms where Rutherford studied. Come in and buy a ticket at the front desk or book now.
Free entry for those with reduced mobility due to wheelchair access being limited to the ground floor space.
Take a look at what’s in the Den with our virtual tour.
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK. OPENING HOURS AND TICKETS
- You need a ticket to visit. Come on in to the Rutherford’s Den shop, 2 Worcester Boulevard or book online.
- Open 10am – 5pm, seven days
- Open every day except Christmas Day
- The average visit takes about one hour
- Information on parking and getting here
- Got a question? Email us or phone 03 363 2836.
Free entry for those with reduced mobility
- Buy an Annual Pass
Discounts are available for groups of 10+ people – please email the Rutherford’s Den front desk staff to enquire.
The Arts Centre is an independent charitable trust that needs your help to fund the incredible transformation of Rutherford’s Den.
The Arts Centre, Clock Tower building, 2 Worcester Boulevard, Christchurch