All sales from the Sculpture Festival will benefit both the artist and Te Matatiki Toi Ora, for which this is an annual fundraiser.
For artists interested in presenting work for sale, and/or offering demonstrations, or workshops, please read the additional information here and complete the application form.
For other enquiries about the festival, please contact Chris Archer at firstname.lastname@example.org before 10 April 2023.
Te Matatiki Toi Ora The Arts Centre Sculpture Festival is supported by The Farina Thompson Charitable Trust.
Here’s some additional information about the third annual Sculpture Festival at Te Matatiki Toi Ora The Arts Centre from 14 – 29 October 2023 to help you decide if you would like to apply to be involved.
What Te Matatiki Toi Ora provides:
- An opportunity to have your works seen by lots of people
- All aspects of administration involved with sales
- For some selected artists, the opportunity to present a 45–60-minute demonstration ($100 fee provided) or a 60–90-minute hands-on workshop ($200 fee provided) for adults or children
- Promotion of the festival on our website, social media channels and databases
- An artist commission of 60% of the sale price of sold works
- Support for installation and deinstallation of your work
- Insurance for your work while at Te Matatiki Toi Ora
- Re-packaging of artworks for postage back to you if not sold
What is expected of you:
- To provide title, dates, dimensions, media sale price, an image of each work, and biographical/contextual info for the catalogue
- To be present for install (9 – 14 October 2023) and deinstall (30 October) of your own works if possible
- To arrange and pay cost of freight and insurance while your artwork is in transit to Te Matatiki Toi Ora, and back to you if unsold
- To invoice Te Matatiki Toi Ora for your commission and any public programme fees (if applicable) after receiving sales advice from Te Matatiki Toi Ora at the end of the festival
- To promote the festival through your own networks
If you are keen to apply to exhibit in the festival, please fill in the form below before 5pm, Sunday 16 April 2023. Forms must be completed in one session, and you will need to have the following information to hand:
- Your full contact details
- Up to 200 words to describe your proposed work
- Your CV
- An idea of the materials and dimensions of the work that you would like to supply and suggested pricing
- The number of works you would like to supply, on the understanding that we’d expect a small number of larger outdoor works
- Up to 10 images of the works themselves OR if the works have not yet been finished, concept drawings.
- Up to 5 images of past works which give us an indication of what you are capable of
- Whether or not you are also interested in giving a demonstration or workshop.