Arts Centre Ambassador
We want to ensure all visitors feel welcome to The Arts Centre, and are seeking volunteers to meet, welcome and inform local and international visitors across the site.
Providing information about The Arts Centre’s history, restoration, venues, programmes, and our wonderful tenant and partner organisations, as well as directions to key facilities would be the main part of your role.
We will provide you with all the training and information you need, and you get to be part of a fun and dynamic team of like-minded people.
Key skills and attributes
- Great communication skills
- Friendly, reliable, and well-presented
- A positive attitude
- A good grasp of the English language is essential, with confidence to pronounce te reo Māori words (or the commitment to learn how)
- Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Experience in customer facing positions an advantage
- Knowledge of arts and culture an advantage
The minimum commitment required is two 2-hour shifts per month for one year, with training beginning in late September 2020. Weekday and weekend shifts are available.
If you are interested in applying for the Volunteer Ambassador role, please email email@example.com for the full role description.
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover email explaining why you want to become a volunteer Arts Centre Ambassador and why you think you would be good at it.
- Your CV
- Details of at least two referees